Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crazy Cat Lady

One thing you must know about me right off the bat is this: I'm obsessed with cats and more so my cats!

They are my three caballeros (which means men) and all three have a different personality to love or if you're me obsess over.

O'Malley is my baby. He is the original of the three, the oldest, the leader! He is a fluffy, green eyed, tuxedo cat who seems to be wearing a mask so there is a sense of mystery to him with a spunky personality. He's not that nice but when he gets to know you he is sweet. He does not meow he "purrrrmeows". That's literally what he sounds like. It makes me giggle. He greets me at the door everyday without fail and when I'm late he's looking out the window for me...adorable or what? He is elegant and sleek with the perfect pink kitty nose with very long whiskers. He may be a pain but he knows me and when something is wrong with me he reacts. One afternoon I was upset, crying; he walked up to me, looked at me, meowed as if to say "what's wrong?" And jumped on my lap, lied down and started to purr. I melted. I love when he actually cuddles with me because he is one comfy kitty!

Crush is the skinny cheetah looking kitty. He is exactly that, my little cheetah. I saved him together with my mom on a rainy afternoon. He was stuck in between our fence with no way out. He was so small he fit in ONE of my hands. My dog at the time Lucy found him. She was a basset hound, so she followed the sounds of his little help me meows. The fence is wood and taller than both my mom and I. After trail and error with a broom and scooper I got him out! He was...is adorable. His markings in his fur are symmetrical and unique to any orange cat I've seen PLUS he has freckles!! In his mouth! He was a sweet kitten, very playful. He is agile and always seems like he's stalking prey or hunting. He is one year apart from O'Malley and they grew up together like brothers. Although he has grown distant and a bit particular lately he is still sweet. He loves to snuggle up. Most mornings I find him either next to me or by my feet.

The last one is my little fatty Dexter. Yes like the show...I was obsessed with it at the time. I also found him as a kitten in my backyard. He fell in the pool while running to get a bite to eat of human food we were all offering him. He stuck. He was and continues to be very affectionate. He without fail sleeps on my pillow every night and gives me a "massage" every morning (unfortunately at 6am). He is very skiddish though and literally lives up to the saying scardy cat! He has a sad meow even a sad expression but he's a cutie pie.

Cats may not be as enthusiastic as dogs I will admit that but they are loving. I have a connection with my cats. They are extremely playful which is always fun to witness and proof of that is all these cat videos on YouTube! They warm up my heart because at the end of the day they love me unconditionally without fail or end. The love of a pet should be experienced by everyone. There is nothing like it; it's pure love :-)



1 comment:

  1. You know O'Malley continues to plot your demise even though you praise him in your blog.
    Crush is gorgeous, sleek and svelte he is the bomb.
    Dex is needing a make-over, get him a kitty treadmill.

    ReplyDelete