Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone on this lovely Sunday. Here in Florida it is actually a beautiful day. Clear blue skies, sunny but still breezy enough to not make us melt. Today is the day of bunnies, spiral hams, church, eggs, candy, baskets, egg hunts and family reunions.



I personally have never found the point of Easter... maybe only when I was in elementary school because the Easter egg hunts were actually really fun, I remember that. My grandma always had an Easter basket waiting for me at her house that the "Easter Bunny" left for me filled with candies and a white bunny plush. 
However, as you get older Easter just seems to be a waste of time. A waste of money. Easter's true meaning has been lost for years...I don't think Jesus would appreciate being replaced with a cute white bunny. I'm not overly religious but some things should be respected. In the Christian world, Easter has a meaning, it has a story, it has symbolism. If I was a true religious woman I would be offended. We spend so much money on candy, eggs, toys, baskets and who knows what to make Easter great when it should just be all avoided and just have a family reunion and eat. It's another excuse to spend money and expect gifts from other people. 
For example, I am going to a family gathering today involving children. If I show up empty handed it's frowned upon. Ridiculous! Granted this truly more of a "holiday" for children but this isn't Christmas either. Still getting over Christmas! 

Either way Easter cannot be avoided for as long as we are on this planet, so with that I wish everyone a safe and Happy Easter! 

2 comments: