Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

To Blog or Not to Blog...

The answer is yes!

I'm back. I had a blog in the past so I'm familiar to the world of blogging but that blog is an old me...so delete!

Blogging, journaling, writing, diary keeping all of it, I believe it to be a healthy form of expression. I have been journaling since I was in elementary school. However, I did stop once college hit but I hope this will be my new journal outlet. I always found it therapeutic to write down feelings, memories, events, good and bad times because whether good or bad it is good to be able to reflect on yourself. I remember when I found my old journal from middle school...wow how you change. You can see yourself grow, which is always fascinating. I went from writing about cute boys and girlfriend drama to now real life problems like paying the light bill. Our 6th grade English teacher had us keep an in-class journal for our whole school year. At the end of the year she had us gift wrap it and label it with "Do not open until the end of 8th grade!" It was one of the neatest projects I have done at school. I put that journal away in a drawer and unfortunately forgot about it until high school. WOW! It was actually better opening it much later because I was so different at 12 years old than at 17 when I opened it. Even my friends changed. This is a great idea for kids!

Journaling is also good for when you're angry (for us crazy adults). Write things down. Read them over. Read them again. Before sending that angry e-mail or text message or even before you make that angry call. It can display some irrational thoughts produced by anger. It can prioritize what you'd really say over what you WANT to say (on impulse).

If you have ever kept a journal, go back and read it. You'll be surprised at how you have changed. Sometimes I believe we don't think we have changed...oh but we have!

So yes to blogging and journaling and all forms of expressive writing! Welcome to E's Little World :-)

1 comment:

  1. I even remember the name of one of your journals. Keropi (not sure on the spelling), butmi know you started your entries with dear keropi.
    Glad you are back to journaling, it always seemed to help you as a kid, imagine how it will help you as an adult.
    ��

    ReplyDelete