Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Nugget Wars

Almost everyone likes chicken nuggets; kids and adults alike. I know I'm one of them! The question is, who has the best chicken nuggets in the fast food chains?? I am going to stick to the famous trio: McDonalds. Burger King or Wendy's.

So to refresh your memory here is what they look like:

McDonalds:

Burger King:

Wendy's:

I do enjoy some good fast food nuggets, so here is my run down on my personal favs of the famous trio.
McDonalds: Growing up these were my absolute favorite nuggets. Something about their texture especially when drenched in sweet and sour sauce...but only the sweet and sour sauce from McDonalds. As a kid, these were the only nuggets I would have until I started to grow up. I did notice that when I took a bite from the nuggets it did look odd on the inside; it sure didn't remind me of chicken. What is worse, is when McDonalds advertised one year that their chicken nuggets "Now contain REAL chicken breast." What the....???? What was I eating before?! I lost a little respect for that nugget for a long time, but now I'm over it and I eat it from time to time...when I'm not devouring a Big Mac instead!

Burger King: Ok, so Burger King's Whoppers are the bomb, their nuggets not so much. Every time I give their nuggets a chance they just disappoint. The nuggets always taste as though they are literally taken out of the freezer and not fried but microwaved. They always taste soggy, at least to me, maybe it's my luck. Also, does anyone remember when BK nuggets were shaped like crowns???
Now that is just weird. How did they manage to do that? It's already hard to imagine how nuggets are formed/shaped but now they are in crown shape. Do they have a cookie cutter or something?? Just plain weird. 

Wendy's: Alas, Wendy's chicken nuggets. Crispy outside with a tender, juicy center with some honey mustard. Yeah Wendy's takes the crown in nuggets. These are the nuggets that should be shaped like crowns! These nuggets are always satisfying plus they taste pretty darn real or as real as it could get for fast food. The price is always right and you have a choice of getting them spicy. Honey mustard or sweet n' sour are my personal favorite sauces for Wendy's nuggets. They also go well with french fries, side salad, baked potato, frosty, chili and just about anything. I crave these often because they are so good. 

That is my review of the famous trio's nuggets. Until one of them re-invents their nuggets, Wendy's will remain victorious forever! 


2 comments:

  1. Battle of the nuggets indeed!
    Imthink you are right the "realest" nuggests are the Wendys brand but mickeyDs sure does bring back memories. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering to join new affiliate networks?
    Visit this affiliate directory to see the ultimate list of affiliate programs.

    ReplyDelete